- May 05
Webinar! A Psychometrician Reveals How to Avoid Costly Credentialing Mistakes
Join us for our upcoming 30-minute webinar scheduled for 11 a.m. PDT, Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
- If you're currently managing a certification program, plan to attend because this webinar shares smart tactics for saving time and money while preserving your sanity and building your credential’s reputation.
- You’ll gain new insights based on expert advice from a working psychometrician who’s seen firsthand the power of implementing best practices and prudent defenses for credentialing programs.
Our guest presenter will be Trish Young, Director of Psychometric Services for Kryterion, Inc.
Trish has worked with dozens of clients in multiple industries for 20 years and is ideally suited for sharing her experiences about the following essential components of credentialing:
1. Test Security: When the credibility of a credential depends on the confidence of the exam results, you immediately see the importance of protecting your items, preparing for a potential security breach, and insisting on non-disclosure agreements, candidate agreements and data privacy.
Discover the good habits of smart security along with the not-so-good ones that leave your exam unnecessarily vulnerable to cheaters, scammers and hackers.
2. Test Maintenance:Credentialing exams are never one-and-done affairs. They require regular health checks, exam revisions and ongoing item development because all exams eventually become overexposed and outdated. Simply waiting for something to break is not a preparedness strategy.
Feel free to take notes as Trish offers simple tactics for keeping your credentialing program performing at optimal levels.
3. Recruiting and Managing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs): Selecting the wrong SMEs can have disastrous results on your certification, in some cases nullifying weeks and months of work and compromising cut scores that could end up passing those who shouldn’t hold the certification or failing those who should.
Trish shares best practices for selecting and managing your future SMEs, which will go a long way toward protecting the reputation and legal defensibility of your program.
Who Should Attend?
- Certification program managers who want to avoid costly credentialing mistakes—the big ones that could damage the success and reputation of any program
- Any credentialing stakeholder charged with or concerned about test security, program maintenance and SME recruitment and management
The webinar will be 30 minutes long, about 20 minutes of presentation followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
Join us at 11 a.m. PDT, Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
See you on the webinar!